Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Game on...



My son......there are so many things to say I could never decide where to start!

Well how about at the top.....of his head I mean. Gavin Louis was born with some ridiculously bad hair ( I can say that, I'm a professional) The rascally head of hair was passed down from his FATHER's side! (I'm not claiming it) It was stick straight, lifeless, and THIN.......

The most annoying thing about it...as a stylist to the stars...I was full of shame. It seemed as if it couldn't be fixed. I have a shaved head of a husband and now a precious baby boy who will HAVE to shave his head to hide the mess that I couldn't fix! People (aka my father-in-law) would always say..."Isn't this your job?! To fix things like this!?" I could have stangled him for saying that which he said quite often. But he was right! I should be able to fix this! It made me feel like a failure....my career might as well end! I obviously have lost my talent. Nevermind my high end clients in the city, the fashion shows, training at the Vidal Sassoon Academy. It was all worthless......my son was to have permanant bedhead! And it is ALL my fault.

But then......out of the blue I noticed something! NEW GROWTH!!!! Do you know what this means!?! His hair is getting thicker!!!!! Praise Jesus! My prayers were being answered! But then....more hair grew in....and more hair! Until.....guess what!?!?!?! He wasn't born with fathers hair........it was MY head of hair, which is NOT fabulous by any way, shape or form, BUT its better then his fathers!

So to my fellow friends and family. I wish to show you photos from Gavin's first REAL fashion forward haircut! I can even put product in it!
May he be blessed with many more years of great hair! Well until his fathers side DOES kick in and he loses it all by the age of 25! Until then....Cheers!








1 comment: