Friday, June 12, 2009

Good morning sunshine.....

The morning chores are over.....it's a cloudy and dreary Friday and I'm working on getting the day started. The kid and the dog are happily wrestling on the living room rug. Screams of delight are mixed with screams of "No MoeMoe","Get off MoeMoe", and then "Come here MoeMoe".
But then comes the dreaded silence. To someone who is NOT a parent you would think that silence is a blessing.....they have obviously never heard the phrase, "the calm before the storm".

In comes my son.... with one giant tear and one giant scratch, centimeters from his right eye. The dog follows looking as if he KNOWS he is in trouble! The dog, trying to make up for his mistake, starts licking my kid like he's some ginormous lollipop that you would get on the boardwalks of Atlantic City!

I started yelling at the dog to "get off of him" and I pull the kid up on my lap to safety.

Then to much surprise I noticed......a damp tushed, completely naked from the waist down, little boy with the largest grin I have ever seen, that says to me so sweetly, "go potty!?" (let your imagination run WILD!)




Good Morning! Your day has now Officially started!

No comments:

Post a Comment