Thursday, June 11, 2009

My favorite Lunch of the week...

So I'm a chubbie girl to start and NOW being knocked up I am doing everything in my power to not become OBESE! I found this salad in my FAVORITE cookbook, Barefoot Contessa Family Style by Ina Garten. Its a recipe for a simple and delicious salad for my fellow foodies out there. Here it goes.....

ARUGULA WITH PARMESAN
(this serves 6, but I make the dressing in advance and use it as I make an individual salad)
1/2 pound fresh arugula
Lemon Vinaigrette
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/2 good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 pound chunk of very good parmesan cheese
Toss dressing into prepared arugula and place on individual plates. Then with a sharp knife or peeler shave Parmesan into large shards and place them on arugula!
How easy is that! So yummy after a hot morning outside with the bambinos! FABULOUS! You can pair it with almost anything or eat it by itself with a glass of VINO or if you were me have an iced H2O! Enjoy!

1 comment: