Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Recap.....

Can I fill you in with a couple of paragraphs....shall we see!?!

Potty training....the hubbie gave up on the big boy undies about 15minutes after I started giving him the silent treatment.  When he realized he was all alone in our house of chaos....he caved.  Smart man.  I knew there was a reason that we have stayed together so long! But anyhoo.  I am officially a horrible "potty trainer"  I have always felt that I could be good at anything that I wanted.  With hard work and dedication we can all find our talents.  Big fat NO on this.....I am now willing to pay a service to do this horid, smelly, and annoying thing for me! Any recommendations!?

I also went on a mini vacation with the hubbie, a great friend from D.C. and the "gang"  they know who they are.  We went for a long weekend in Chicago.  Spa time, shopping, dinners, drinks, and we even squeezed in a Bulls game ( I was super excited about that one)  What could go wrong!?  Oh...maybe realizing that I can't seem to stay awake past 10:30pm, or sleep in after 7:30am, or that I now think that hot and sexy 5inch heals are impractical, or was it the designer jeans that I couldnt pay attention too, because I couldn't keep my eyes off the flubbery, my baby is 4 months old, muffin top! But my favorite was sitting at the trendy little bar, with my favorite little trendy drink, in my trendy outfit, with my freshly facialed face and gorgeous fake eyelashes when I realized that my hubbie and I were the only ones in a huge group that were a "hubbie and I" and THEN realized I was the only one with a hubbie, AND a kid...oh wait TWO kids....and a dog, mortgage, and probably the only one contemplating "do we send the kids to public or private preschool!"
I am now a different person.  Actually I am the same person.  I'm just hiding behind my responsiblity. (now I'm sitting here pondering the meaning of life.....)

Anyhoo.....quote from the day.
"What in the HELL is THAT!?!" 
Any guesses....oh yeah, the little boy nugget!  Which means I am out for Mother of the Year! Damn it!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment