Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the air......

 I had told little man that Valentines day was coming up.  I tried to explain the fun things I had planned for him and his adorable little sis. We are making cards for daddy, special crafts and a "special romantic" dinner for the family.  I told him Valentines is basically a holiday that someone made up to make a lot of money...BUT its a good reminder to tell the people you love how you feel about them.  To that you could see his mind churning...but then..... I think he got it. Which he will soon prove.

About an hour or two later the studly 4 year old was playing in our toy kitchen set.  Daddy was making dinner and over heard a "phone conversation". By the way....the TOY phone..... The little Casanova was talking to a GIRL!!! Not nana...not mimi.....his GIRL FRIEND. The hub asks...."Who you talking too? " "Oh....my girl friend" "Well whats her name?" (A side note he doesn't know ANY names from school except Toby.....who is the boy we hate because he punched my baby in the face!) So little man replies, "Girl that wears the blue shirt and the big bow in her hair" WHAT!?!?! If you know my son that description means she actually exists.  When the hub told me this I smiled and then started to get the sweats....you KNOW I will be stalking some little girls on the playground today! I need to see my sons first crush! 4...I cant believe it.  Well anyhoo, the hub looked at the clock and realized that the stud had "talked" to girl in blue shirt with bow for 10mins! That's a record! It must be serious! HA!

So bottom line.....love exists, even where we don't expect it too...Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment: