Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Life of a Hermit.....

I know its been forever since my last blog freak out! A lot of nothing has been going on.  We haven't been traveling, we haven't gone anywhere exciting for dinner,  hell....Gavin hasn't even been going to school.  We have been a bunch of sickies and NOW we are finally coming back to the land of the living.  I haven't even seen my American neighbor who lives 3 doors down.  We have turned into hermits....our most excitement that we have had was going grocery shopping and heading down to the local cafe for a latte. Woo Hoo. Hold me back, I am getting to exciting....

So my life has been not what I had expected so far living in the romantic country side of England, but its going to get there.  I will make it happen. But right now I am too busy planning on what night will be family game night and which is movie night. Its rough, but I have to get organized! Ahhh! Are you listening to me! I need an intervention...someone PLEASE help me be a cool chick again! Until that happens....this is all I got!
 Gavin stories.......

Over in England (especially where we live) food choices are lacking.  I do a LOT of cooking here because your options are...English food...BLECH, well I DO love a Fish and chips....Indian, Italian (which is only open 5 nights a week), or Chinese.  So a lot of times we go to China.  In the states there is a dish called sweet and sour chicken. I NEVER let myself get this dish because I was afraid of the yummy and completely fattening concoction of shitty pieces of chicken fried in tons of yummy batter dipped in horribly sweet red jello-ish sauce. Delish! 
Well over here they have the same thing but first they call them chicken BALLS. Reason...it is actually a big ball of chicken breast with a light coating of batter, still fried to perfection and then the sauce is still that lovely shade of red....but this time you dont taste sugar, but vinegar.  I actually looked up the nutrition and this English version, of the American version of something they probably dont even EAT in China.  And it has less sugar then in the states, like 10 grams....and thats just the sauce.  So I'm not saying its healthy, but its healthier....which means this is my excuse now to eat the stuff! Ha!  So now my family gets chicken BALLS on a monthly basis and it makes me happy.....now after all my blah blah blah....the quote for the day.

Gavin, "Mommy, when I get done with my balls, that means I can get a treat!?" Now in my mind I am thinking dirtier then a mother probably should, I give him a smirk, say nothing and just look at the hubbie. Then Gavin quickly informs me....."MOMMY, not my DIRTY balls....I meant my CHICKEN balls"

Great.....and I am still speechless......lets hope that 2011 will give me more to write about then my 4 year olds balls......until the next time!

1 comment: