Friday, December 10, 2010

Exhausted.

  The hubbie and I haven't gotten each other a Christmas gift since 2005. I don't know if its a way to save money or just be practical. Maybe because when there is something that we really need or want we go out and get it. Well anyway...this year is different.  We are in a new country and we will be having a small, simple Christmas. We thought it would be fun....and since we have everything we NEED we decided that they would be "luxurious" gifts. Just one, but a nice one.  Well I was going to add a little something extra just because I want to keep my wife of the year trophy....didnt you hear!?! I have been nominated for Best Wife and Mother of 2010!! Its awesome! And its a lie.....let me tell you WHY I SHOULD deserve such an award........(let the rant begin)

  It starts off on a bad note....my hubs famous Grandma Vi passed away this past Friday after a long fight with Alzheimer's.  Kyle wanted to go home for the services and take the little guy.  I said, "Of coarse" and honestly after the baby was when we flew over to the UK I was happy to dodge THAT bullet.  So I agreed to stay home with her.  Well, a couple of days before his flight said little boy started to have a cough. I was NOT going to let him fly to another country with a cold. No WAY! So I made the decision, yes...I will take one for the team and watch both kids....dont worry about us. Just go. Damn, I should have thought a bit more about THAT one.....

  I guess I should also state another fact that only my pose knows......this chick is pregnant....AGAIN! I cant believe that just came from my fingertips....let the reality hit. Ok.....also I have been nauseous almost every day and cant eat a lot of foods and cant look at a lot of foods.  So making my yummy home cooked meals has been damn near impossible. So there is another back drop to my week....

 And now I am getting tired, so hear it is in a nut shell......
*First night- Baby girl stayed awake, Big brother coughed all night
*First full day- Baby girl screamed all day long, Big Brother snotted all over my sofa
*Second night- Baby Girl had a high temperature, more screaming, Big Brother more coughing and climbed in bed with me! (Dont get the Preggo SICK!)
*Second day-Same stuff as above but add a popcorn kernel lodged up Big Brothers nose
*Third night-not bad...more sleep then before except the time I had to get up to watch Big Brother take a poo, guess he was lonely.
*Third day- (my favorite) sick baby girl....but add a full on choke that resulted in the Heimlich and a mom covered in barf....even in my freshly washed hair.
*Third night-even more sleep (starting to become a human again)
*Fourth day-During afternoon nap, baby decides to start screaming for no reason that I know of and wakes me and brother from our naps...which turns into brother throwing a tantrum so bad you would think some one was ripping off his limbs and beating him with them. Which then brought the devil out in yours truly and I am extremely surprised the police werent called.
Fourth night- kids almost perfect...but the hub calls....his flight has been CANCELED!!!!

So....back to my Christmas gift....you know...the luxurious one!?! I would LOVE to see what he comes up with....He could win Husband of the year to go with my Wife of the year!?!?!? OR this week could go unnoticed (like I would let THAT happen) and I could be like every other wife and mother that busts her ass and doesnt get any credit....well until your kids grow up and have kids...then they realize!

By the way....Thank you mom!! Love you! And for me.....its time for a nap!:)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, You really had a rough go of it! Poor kiddos and poor you!! I hope Kyle gets you something AMAZING! :-)

    ReplyDelete