Thursday, September 3, 2009

My day so far.....

From the outside the life of a housewife always seems Fabulous....maybe even magical. Spending the day with sweet and innocent children as we go to play dates at the park, library story times, and restful naptimes. Well it DOESN'T work that way.....actually no...sometimes it does....but I would say 1 day a month MAYBE goes like that! Today is not that day!

First off....I dont get any sleep with this pregnacy...not sure why!? But I'm dealing with it! Add on a 2:00am wakeup call to a tearful little boy who was scared of his room! Honestly it broke my heart.....he hugged us and BEGGED for us to not make him sleep in his room! But for fear of starting a bad trend my hubbie and I walked him back in and got him settled. An hour later he fell asleep.

The good part...or so I thought.... was that the little man was sleeping in. I thought what a perfect time for a little mommy/daddy shut the door time....sorry mom if your reading this!:) So now let your imagination go......and imagine that we forget to actually SHUT the door....and then lets imagine that there in the hallway was a wide eyed and speechless little boy.....he barely could sputter the words, "daddy, WHAT are you DOING!?" I could have DIED! My first thought we have permantly damaged our child! He will never recover! Then the hubbie came up with a tickle monster excuse, which luckily did the trick, and the fact that I was now laughing hysterically made it all more true!:) But it DOES remind me of sneaking around the parents....but I think its more sad when your sneaking around your children! Anyhoo!

After some much needed coffee...I dealt with the normal breakfast for kid and pet...made lunch for the hubbie, cleaned, computer time, and list making for the day! (but I do love that part!) Then my perfect little dog...yeah right...decided that HE was a little boy. When he doesnt get what he wants...his new thing! He throws a TANTRUM...can you believe it!?! He sits right in front of you and BARKS his head off. He's been a real keeper today, scratching the kid, attacking pillows, and getting into the smelliest stuff! This preggo lady is ready to barf at any minute! And lose her mind.........

So what do I do....put the kid down for his nap, put the dog down for his nap (I'm very serious about that one) had some lunch and now catching up on my much needed blog and FB time! It rejuvenates me! My stradegy for getting thru the afternoon! I'm baking cookies....I can bribe the kid to stay good if he knows he'll get cookie dough at the end of the day! I tell him I'll make cookies after your nap, which then turns to after you clean up your room, which turns into if you play quietly in your room, which then turns into if you eat your dinner! Yes I know I'm a genius....and that I might have a fat kid later in life....but right now this cookie dough is what is going to make the rest of my day that MAGICAL experiance that everyone WITHOUT kids thinks that I'm having! So cheers to a little refined sugar! ha!

1 comment: