Monday, September 21, 2009

bring on the CAKE (and eye cream)



Today I am officially older......not old....but UNDENIABLY older. I woke up this morning, TIRED....not because I was up all night from some crazy wild early twenty shananigans....but from cramps, heartburn and gas from my second pregnancy. It made me sad, almost depressed. I was even CONSIDERING taking my birthday money from my parents to go buy a new breast pump! What was happening to me! A Medella over a hot new pair of brown leather boots!?! It's because I'm OOLLLDDDD!!!!!

All my single and fabulous friends have been calling to inquire, "what are you doing tonight!? How are you celebrating!?" Well let me tell you..... coffee with fat FILLED creamer, hanging new curtins in the nursery, making chilli for the week, getting fun FaceBook birthday messages, opening a gift certificate for spa treatments from the hubbie (that you better BELIEVE will be used on an anti-aging facial!) and CAKE lots of CAKE!!!!

And this morning my reaction to this would have been the same as my single in the city friends, "Oh......ummm thats nice...." but now that my day is almost to an end.....honestly, I'm realizing that I feel pretty damn lucky. Actually excited! I might even throw in an Arbonne detox bath and perfect the day! I'm thrilled to make it to the....ummm.... big 28!
So what if this birthday isn't one for the books.... it was a great day. Different the the typical party girl celebration....but atleast it was spent with the people that I care the most about and the pajamas that I love! So screw what I thought the day "should" be and toast to what it was! To yet another year.....may it be filled with happiness, health, eye cream and CAKE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment