Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Okay....I'm being THAT mom.....



I am a lady who LOVES to travel. And my love of travel is so important to me (and the hubbie) that no matter what, we put the seperation anxiety with the kid aside. We feel that it is EXTREMLY important for each of us and our relationship. I have never once regreted leaving my child with a babysitter or grandparent for an extended amount of time. Because in the end.... I KNOW it will make me a better mother, wife and PERSON. And it does the same for our kids. They know that mom and dad , "love me enough that they WILL come back and get me (eventually)" and it helps them to become more independant and a well rounded person in society. Those are MY beliefs and I know not all mothers feel that way.
I have friends that have NEVER left their children. I understand, but I don't agree. BUT I will say this......it has been 20 hours since I left my little guy back at the grandparents. I am sitting at MY home at MY computer with MY dog and MY son is not here! This is WEIRD!!!!! Normally I have warm sun on a sandy beach, or a glass of wine with a beautiful view, or even swanky hotel room in the heart of a city to keep my mind occupied. But the truth is this....right now my little man should be asking for his second snack, Noggin on in the background and a poopy diaper should be approaching shortly! And its not......
But what I will say is this. I have a feeling that my house will be spotless, ALL the laundry will be done, I will have blogged (check) craft projects will be finished, the errands will be done and I will (amazing) have showered and probably shaved, by the time my hubbie comes home at 5:00 for a home cooked meal! So feel free to check in on me becasue I feel I may lose my mind!
Gavin come home tomorrow!!!!!

1 comment: